Thursday, January 30, 2020

A little bit about myself

I have plans to make this an ongoing blog, so I might as well start with a little bit about myself.

In my mid 30s, a friend and coworker started talking to me about Christ. He had good answers for all of my gotcha questions. He was patient and spoke to me with love in his heart.

I realized that my ardent atheism was just as foolish as I felt belief in God was. I didn't have any proof or evidence that God wasn't real. In fact, it was much worse than that. After contemplating this for several sleepless nights, I came to the realization that I never even bothered to look sincerely at the evidence for God. I truly was ignorant and foolish. This embarrassed me and without telling anyone, I spent every opportunity over the next several months asking questions and seeking out the answers.

About 7 years ago, I became a born again Christian. What's more, I became a young earth creationist. 

Aside from getting to know me a little, if there's anything else I want to convey with this first post, it's that Christians are not necessarily dumb, foolish, ignorant yokels. When you meet someone who believes something different than you believe, you must accept that their belief is just as strong as yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment